How Should We Then Live?

Biblical inerrancy

Go down

Biblical inerrancy

Post by JoelKizz on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:11 pm

There is a fairly in depth discussion on this subject on FB right now so I thought I would throw this out to you guys as well. It gets tossed around a lot that the bible is inerrant and infallible. First, this seems to take a lot of different meanings for those who say they hold to this position so I would like to know what that even means to each one of you. Then my second question is it necessary for us to have an inerrant and infallible text for us to receive benifit / guidance/ instruction in the Bible? In other words if it isnt inerrant is it of no use?

Admin

http://thenlive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Biblical inerrancy

Post by drainey on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 am

`

Last edited by drainey on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyshall on Wed May 16, 2012 10:25 am

I am still working through this idea, but currently I am on the side of inerrancy being necessary. Like Daniel said, if it isn't innerant, it is just like every other book out there. Useful in the way that I can choose the parts that seem to fit my life, but not an absolute authority for my life. For me, the life the Bible directs is very difficult and I would much rather pull the easy parts out and then disregard the hard things, which I would most certainly do if I thought that there was a way that I could skirt them. In starting with the assumption that it is all inerrant, I naturally have to deal with all of it, in all the glorious, dirty, difficult, details. I agree that it does come down to faith, and from what I have seen, the best arguments for inerrancy start with faith and then build from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down