How Should We Then Live?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

How Should We Then Live?
How Should We Then Live?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Do Something- Kevin DeYoung

2 posters

Go down

Just Do Something- Kevin DeYoung Empty Just Do Something- Kevin DeYoung

Post by Jeremyshall Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:33 am

I just finished reading the book, Just Do Something by Kevin DeYoung. All I can say is, WOW! It is an eye opening discussion on the way that most people in churches today expend massive amounts of energy waiting on a special sign from God for the next step of their life, and very little energy on just taking that step in an understanding of God and his Sovereignty. It was a quick read, and is inexpensive on kindle. I would highly recommend this book....
http://www.amazon.com/Just-Something-Liberating-Impressions-ebook/dp/B00310QLDG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1330961569&sr=1-1
Jeremyshall
Jeremyshall

Back to top Go down

Just Do Something- Kevin DeYoung Empty Re: Just Do Something- Kevin DeYoung

Post by JoelKizz Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 pm

So would this dove tail into the discussion of "knowing" and "doing" the will of God? This is something I question a lot of times. What is scripture saying when it talks about being "led by the Spirit". To use a drastic example...Does God want me to move my family to Africa to be foreign missionaries? Is that something that we should feel "led" to do? Is there a perfect "will" of God that is the correct decision or rather as long as I'm walking in line with scripture and being active in the Kingdom am I already doing the will of God?
JoelKizz
JoelKizz
Admin

https://thenlive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyshall Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 pm

This book is directed at that question. From my understanding, God has a revealed will and a secret will. The revealed will is the direct commands in scripture that leads to sanctification. The secret will can and is inserted into our lives as God so chooses. The Africa question would lend itself to the secret will of God. This book makes much of God and his sovereign reign in the world and in our lives.
Jeremyshall
Jeremyshall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum