How Should We Then Live?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

How Should We Then Live?
How Should We Then Live?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help!

3 posters

Go down

Help! Empty Help!

Post by JoelKizz Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Hey guys, I need help with a speech topic for my public speaking class. The assignment is a special occasion speech. It can be a toast, eulogy, award reception, award into, business opening, etc. Here is the catch though, it had to be made up, and half the grade is creativity. Some examples of good ones he's had before were things like, a toast to Micky and Minnie Mouse at their wedding, a eulogy to common sense in America, accepting an award for nap taker of the year, etc.
Ideas?
JoelKizz
JoelKizz
Admin

https://thenlive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Help! Empty Re: Help!

Post by Jeremyshall Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Eulogy at the funeral for the incandescent light bulb????
Jeremyshall
Jeremyshall

Back to top Go down

Post by XianSmitherman Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 pm

XianSmitherman
XianSmitherman

Back to top Go down

Post by XianSmitherman Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Though I like Jeremy's better.
XianSmitherman
XianSmitherman

Back to top Go down

Post by JoelKizz Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:43 am

Man had my informative speech topic not been the emergence of the electric chair (which yes I am writing now and delivering in the morning) I would be all over the lightbulb! Just to much Edison for one semester though. ill check out the money thing for sure. I might need you, Christian as an expert quote of course if your not available I can probably find a Random Ron Paul person to do it!
JoelKizz
JoelKizz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XianSmitherman Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 am

Did you just compare me to a Ron Paul person?...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................(head explodes).
XianSmitherman
XianSmitherman

Back to top Go down

Post by JoelKizz Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:52 pm

OK, eulogy to customer service is where i stand now, unless something just blows me away. Now I need a persuasive speech topic. This is kind our magnum opus of the semester. 7-9 minutes with a "press conference" afterwards where the prof / students ask questions. My # one contender right now is why all drug use should be decriminalized. However, I am SO OPEN to ideas on this.... any good thoughts?
BTW- it has to be BOTH weighty AND socially relevant (i.e no "why you should eat better", "why you should wear your seat belt", or "why Reagan was the best president of the 20th century"
JoelKizz
JoelKizz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyshall Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:35 pm

You could go with "Why we should close all military bases on foreign soil."
Jeremyshall
Jeremyshall

Back to top Go down

Post by JoelKizz Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 pm

Jeremyshall wrote:You could go with "Why we should close all military bases on foreign soil."
This was my back up but the Lady who sits next to me has agreed to argue for the continued criminalization of drug use so our speeches have kind of morphed into a debate. This is a fact that has our professor almost giddy. She is pretty strong so I need to be really prepared. Perhaps I will start a thread on the subject to get some ammo.
JoelKizz
JoelKizz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremyshall Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:50 am

that is going to be a good discussion. You should start the thread and include all the points and information you are going to use.
Jeremyshall
Jeremyshall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum