How Should We Then Live?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

How Should We Then Live?
How Should We Then Live?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John MacArthur on the rapture

2 posters

Go down

John MacArthur on the rapture Empty John MacArthur on the rapture

Post by JoelKizz Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:48 am

Ok, we can talk about the merits of the "rapture" in more detail but my specific question is to the use of Rev 3:10 near the end of the video. (6:35) I feel like it is a stretch to take a passage that is directed to a certain gathering of believers in one specific place and apply it to the entire body of New Covenant believers. Taken in context of v.7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:...." would it not be incorrect to then take v.10 "Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth" and extrapolate that promise out over the whole of the New covenant Church?

JoelKizz
JoelKizz
Admin

https://thenlive.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

John MacArthur on the rapture Empty Re: John MacArthur on the rapture

Post by Jeremyshall Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:43 am

After watching it, I think it is a stretch to say that the verse is for the church at large. It was specifically written to specific people. Not that we can't learn about God in it, but I am not sure I would base so much eschatology on it....
Jeremyshall
Jeremyshall

Back to top Go down